Let me list why I can start my message with such a headline:
1. a well attended and informative workshop
2. 54members and 3 guests in the beautiful Granada Ballroom for the general meeting
3. creative table centerpieces
4. an outstanding lunch menu prepared by a most capable committee
5. a beautiful devotional reminding us of God, the gardener, and trees in the Garden of Eden
6. a program speaker known by many and speaking of his plans to beautify our city
7. committee reports detailing many aspects of this vital garden club.
What a pleasure to see all of you and share our lives with one another. We officially welcomed Fall/Autumn— where across our nation “every leaf will become a beautiful flower”. Of course, not so much here in South Florida. However, we can look forward to our “fall” with a pleasant and beautiful change, too.
Now our attention turns to Monday,October 20—the District XII meeting to be held in the Danielson Gallery. We are the hostesses for this event welcoming the state officers and members of other clubs in our district. I’m counting on 30-40 Coral Gables members to be on hand support our club! There will be a 3 course meal prepared by the Biltmore— with a dazzling schedule—you will not be disappointed.
Coffee and registration starts at 9:30 a.m. with program beginning at 10am followed by lunch at noon and concludes with district reports and an impressive raffle. Registration deadline is October 10. Send your check for $35 made out to Coral Gables Garden Club to Jessie Perkins at 16140 SW 77 Ave., Palmetto Bay Fl. 33157.
Everyone is busy and time will pass swiftly. Would you like to know a life lesson that I am still learning? It is—
To try not to carry tomorrow’s burdens today
To live within the boundaries of today.
“Life by the yard is hard, but life by the inch is a cinch.”
Let us live inch by inch, day by day with God.
–Jana White, President
Mystery in the Garden Center: The projector and screen that have been stored in the garden center for years are NOT there anymore—a big surprise for those that have a planned use for such. If anyone has any information or ideas that might solve this mystery please notify Jana. Thank you.